Tired of dragging through daily life while suffering sinus pressure, pain, and headaches? Sinusitis affects 26.9 million Americans, leading them to seek out a cornucopia of over-the-counter medications. Unfortunately for many, these remedies fail to bring relief, leaving them searching for an alternative sinusitis solution from their local ear, nose and throat doctor. If you’re one of the many tired of scraping by with ineffectual treatments, the Open Procedure℠ could offer hope for you.
What Makes Sinus Balloon Surgery Different?
Past treatment solutions for chronic sinusitis often involved an invasive surgery to open sinuses. Today however, a minimally-invasive, in-office treatment alternative exists that is safe and effective with no need for cutting and removing sinus bone or tissue, uncomfortable gauze packing procedures or embarrassing bruising. The procedure takes only about an hour and recovery is impressively speedy. Safe and effective, this proven alternative to sinus surgery is called balloon sinuplasty.
How Does Balloon Sinuplasty Help Sinusitis Sufferers?
This minimally-invasive procedure for treating chronic or recurring sinusitis utilizes a tiny nasal balloon to open up narrow or blocked sinus passages, relieving the cause of the pressure and pain associated with chronic sinusitis. By reestablishing proper drainage, other breathing issues including snoring and sleep apnea can be improved, allergy symptoms reduced, and incidences of pneumonia circumvented.
Why is Balloon Sinuplasty Superior to Surgical Treatment Options?
One of the biggest advantages of sinus ballooning compared to traditional sinuplasty surgery is the sinus balloon surgery recovery time. Just 1-2 days following this simple, 1-hour in-office procedure, you can return to normal activities. Because the body’s natural sinus openings and surrounding tissue are preserved, future treatment options are not limited for those with progressive sinus issues. Safe and effective, it can be used with other surgery options or medications – or help you break free from medications completely, finally achieving relief from your sinusitis symptoms. In fact, treatment results are so remarkable, 95% of patients who’ve undergone the procedure would choose to have it again.
Balloon Sinuplasty Facts & Stats
- Balloon sinuplasty was approved as a safe alternative to traditional sinus surgery in 2005 by the FDA.
- More than 380,000 patients have undergone the procedure since its inception, with over 95% saying they would choose to have the procedure again. https://www.americansinus.com/balloon-sinuplasty-work/
- Balloon sinuplasty is considered extremely effective in reducing symptoms of sinusitis. Studies show dramatic improvements within 1week of surgery, with participants reporting no unanticipated side-effects. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3738804/, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26665457
- A 2017 study showed balloon sinuplasty was successful in treating 94% of chronic sinusitis cases in children, with positive effects still apparent 1year following surgery. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28802373
- Patients undergoing balloon sinuplasty report overall improved quality of life, showing more open sinuses in radiographic imagery 24 weeks after surgery. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320719.php
- An increasingly popular treatment solution, balloon sinuplasty procedures in the U.S. increased 59% from 2011 to 2014 according to a 2017 study. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28397270
- Clinical evidence for balloon sinuplasty is found in over 69 clinical publications, including 23 clinical studies, 20 case studies, and 19 reviews/commentaries. https://www.acclarent.com/clinical-data